Monday, September 28, 2015
As seen by my first few posts, I haven't decided on a specific theme for the blog.In my first few posts I discussed the effects that our advancements in communication has had on the way we report the news, and more importantly, how THAT has had an effect on how we view history. The speed in which stories are produced, covered and then left in the past doesn't leave much room for context, which is needed to view events that are currently happening or have already happened somewhat objectively. In conjunction with this, I am going to highlight the manner of news coverage based on the audiences that they mostly cater to. It is of great interest to me, just like the reading earlier this semester, which suggested that as the largest demographic in the US changes over the next few decades, the kinds of news that we see will also begin to change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment